Daniel Rozin’s wooden mirrors are a delightful combination of analog experience and digital tech that result in something almost magical.
- The idea of 'gravity' and 'anchor' problems is new to me in terms of terminology, but those kinds of problems themselves are certainly not.
- Comfortably Numb except with no guitar (or guitar solos). The dramatic, and unexpected show opener for Roger Waters’ This is Not a Drill tour.
- The JWST lands another beautiful image, this time showing an infrared view of a young (haha, it’s 100,000 years old) protostar within the dark cloud L1527.
- Why Everything in Tech Seems to Be Collapsing at Once. Where to even start…
- I tend to like artists and creative people, but the capital A art people are the worst.
- The Infinite Conversation. Werner Herzog and Slavoj Žižek but it’s actually a machine.
- An Increasingly Less Brief Guide to Mastodon. The documentation I didn’t know I wanted or needed until this week.
- Whoa, this 5 ft tall LEGO Eiffel Tower set is bonkers.
- Maybe a good solution for a custom vinyl LP or 7” single?
- Jon and Tucker Nichols in Mendocino, CA. Enjoy.
- SLC > MVP always.
Notable Type Releases
- Inga Plönnigs’ Messer, an elegant and sharp interpretation of Emil Rudolf Weiß’s 1928 release Weiss Antiqua, perfect for books or other long-form text.
- Feliciano Type’s Parnaso is influenced by Old Style Romans from the 19th century with its high contrast characteristics, crisp details, but adds a larger range of weights and some really beautiful italics.
- Zeplin from Jamie Chang just makes me want to hang up my surf board and lie on the beach sipping a mai tai. Extremely chill.
- CoFo Peshka recalls blocky 20th century industrial lettering which also happens to give it a modern sci-fi flair while still retaining a particular warmth and friendliness. Bonus points for the inclusion of backslant styles!
- Nuform Type’s BRZO includes 5 styles of 90s magic. It wants to be used big!