I’m still trying to wrap my head around this next level LEGO magic.
- And speaking of LEGO, the new Create Together art set is of course brilliant.
- I recently found myself re-reading Frank Chimero’s Everything Easy is Hard Again this past week which always gets me right near the end: “We need to create space for complexity’s important sibling: nuance. Spaces without nuance tend to gravitate towards stupidity. And as an American, I can tell you, there are no limits to the amount of damage that can be inflicted by that dangerous cocktail of fast-moving-stupid.” So very much in agreement Frank.
- Apophenia is a word that’s new to me and this essay from Edward Snowden on what it means today is equal parts enthralling and terrifying. As he says, “you’re living a private illusion, in public, that the world reifies with likes. For-profit data collection has literally ‘reorganized’ the world to revolve around you. As you wish it — or they will it.”
- Solid is maybe the best word to describe Kyiv Type’s Compact Black typeface.
- Retro Lineto typefaces such as LL DMT VIP give me all the sentimental vibes.
- Teeline’s Feneon typeface has all the good neon vibes.
- I’m not sure how I missed this incredible Mazeletter typeface from Fathom. Great microsite for it too.
- Calculating consistent surface area for the web. Also applicable for offline use.
- I can’t wait to read Nick Offerman’s new book, Where the Deer and the Antelope Play. He’s very clearly speaking my language.
- Tucker Nichols is a national treasure. His Flowers for Sick People project proves it.
- The Bigger Luke theory. Lolz
- Rattled indeed.
- RIP Adé, gone tragically and far too soon.
This week’s edition was delayed due to shenanigans related to updating to macOS Monterey which removed PHP and other scripting language support from the system. It’s taken me a bit to resolve that with a custom build of PHP 8.