Ted Lasso season 2 trailer. 1, 2, 3, butts! ‘Nuff said.
- This is the awesome power of language, well-described by Susie Dent.
- You may know the Memphis Design studio or the Valentine portable typewriter, but perhaps not the name Ettore Sottsass. This Readymag microsite will take you down a fascinating rabbit hole of his lifetime of work.
- “Playing, exploring, attempting, and wondering is so important. It’s so important and it feels like a practice a sort of vocation — in all kinds of things, it just feels important not to necessarily make it beautiful or not to necessarily make it the best or not to have aspirations to be the best. But to have it be like what you said, a sort of play.” Insightful words from teacher and author Ross Gay.
- Du Bois, new from Vocal Type and another worthy historical nod to “American sociologist, historian, civil rights activist, Pan-Africanist, author, writer, and editor” William Edward Burghardt Du Bois.
- Flavia Zimbardi’s ZC Casual is the speed stroke sign painting style typeface you’re looking for. It’s the little details that make it legit compared to many others.
- The things people are doing with variable type is getting pretty interesting. This set of open-source fonts from Andy Clymer are certainly no exception.
- Full-size paper-engineered Heidelberg Letterpress — ok, that exists.
- Exciting developments in creating more sustainable (and recyclable) LEGO bricks.
- Digitally-restored images of our home. Beautiful.